Giving Title IX Investigators Top-Notch Skills in:
- Planning the Investigation
- Applying the Elements of Applicable Policies
- Trauma-Informed, Respectful and Effective Interviewing
- Analysis and Credibility Determinations
- Solid Report Writing
Our experienced investigators will provide nine modules of instruction on how to effectively:
- Conduct a prompt, thorough and impartial investigation.
- Conduct trauma-informed, respectful, fair and effective interviews.
- Prepare an investigative plan and coordinate with law enforcement, if necessary.
- Understand the elements of the claim.
- Gather relevant evidence and interview witnesses.
- Address special issues such as intoxication, social media, and medical records.
- Assess credibility of evidence and apply a “preponderance of the evidence” standard.
- Write a confidential investigative report.
- Respond to post-investigation matters.
This training is interactive, with break-out sessions and group work involving practical, skills-based
exercises. Participants will leave with tools to effectively navigate Title IX investigations.
With a focus on claims of gender- or sex-based:
- Sexual Assault
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Sexual Harassment
All attendees will receive a Certification of Completion from T9 Mastered. T9 Mastered is applying for MCLE credit from the California State Bar and HRCI credit from the Human Resources Certification Institute. Approval for credit from both organizations is pending.