The T9 Mastered℠ training program is the comprehensive guide to conducting Title IX investigations. Our trainers provide practical and detailed instruction on how to thoroughly investigate Title IX claims so that decision makers can implement effective resolutions and remedies. How do we do that? We combine our knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations with decades of actual investigation experience to provide a step-by-step approach to tackling Title IX claims.
T9 Mastered takes you through nine training modules with practical exercises related to: preparing for and planning investigations, avoiding bias, collecting and preserving evidence, conducting witness interviews, establishing the elements of the claims, ensuring fairness and due process for the parties, preparing a final report, and dealing with post-investigation issues.
Trauma-informed approaches are incorporated into all aspects of the T9 Mastered training, and there will be specific training with a mental health professional on trauma-informed forensic interviewing.
Each T9 training program will also cover cutting-edge issues including updates on: consent, intoxication and incapacitation, how to work concurrently with criminal investigations, and how to evaluate social media evidence.
Our T9 Mastered training program brings together two pre-eminent investigation firms, Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation and Public Interest Investigations, Inc. Together, our firms have extensive experience in the investigative process and report writing, along with expertise in the complex area of Title IX. Our T9 Mastered trainers have conducted investigations at both private and public sector colleges and universities, as well as community colleges and K through 12 schools. Each trainer has decades of experience conducting investigations, as well as specific experience in higher education, criminal law, sexual assault and sexual harassment. We have also spent years using a civil rights model while conducting EEO investigations. In addition to our investigation experience, our team includes accomplished public speakers and trainers who have presented across the United States and Canada.
Kudos from the February 2016 T9 Mastered training:
- The interviews that were acted out were incredibly helpful and they play out in my mind when I am preparing for interviews in my cases.
- It was extraordinarily practical and comprehensive. It identified each and every issue we face.
- I have been to other Title IX training but none have this kind of substance. It was more thoughtful and substantive. Exceptionally well organized and presented.
- I was so impressed and thankful for this training. It is certainly the best training that I have been to. All the trainers were so knowledgeable, enthusiastic and supportive. Thank you for putting this together.
- Outstanding conference. Never a dull moment. Great faculty. The role-play held up well and provided a great exercise for us. And it was great to have the role-play spread over all 3 days. I will definitely recommend this to other people I know.
- Excellent training. Aha moment is knowing there are other people who care about our students and are trying to get it right.
- By far, one of the top 2-3 trainings I have ever taken! Anyone who is considering adding investigations of allegations of sexual assault on a campus should RUN to sign up for their next session!
- Really enjoyed role-plays, exercises and “humor” by presenters. Thanks for allowing us to ask questions and be available during training to address our own personal challenges.
- This was exceptional training. Aha moments came every day. It was stated over and over that this is complex work. Self care is important, collaborating and taking care of one another.